Encounter House Church Privacy Notice
Definition of to Whom Notice Applies
Encounter House Church (“we“, “us” or “our“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We own and operate the website www.encounterhouse.church
In this Privacy Notice, references to “you” are to any person who submits data to us about themselves or on behalf of someone else.
This Privacy Notice (together with any other of our terms and conditions, and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We will only use your personal data in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice. We will only use your personal data in a way that is fair to you and according to the relevant legal basis. We will only collect personal data where it is necessary for us to do so and where it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
We use personal data for the following purposes: -
• To inform those in the wider fellowship of news, prayer requests, testimonies, events, activities, conferences and services;
• Occasionally, to ask for the views and opinions of the wider fellowship about matters relating to Encounter House Church and associated organisations;
• To provide pastoral care to the wider fellowship;
• To manage events, meetings, rotas and volunteers in order to enable us to provide church services, Life groups and other ministries, including work for youth, children, special needs and the elderly;
• To administer membership records via website, forms or social media pages.
• To provide a Church Directory which enables the wider fellowship to contact one another easily;
• To fundraise and promote the interests of Encounter House Church, its mission partners and associated organisations;
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
• To comply with our legal obligations to maintain records and registers;
• To manage our employees and contractors;
• To manage relationships with outside users and suppliers.
Encounter House Church Privacy Notice v1.2 Page 1
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
In processing personal data we rely on the following legal bases:
• Explicit consent of the data subject;
• Processing as necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
• Processing as carried out by us as a not-for-profit body with a religious aim and: -
◦ the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
◦ there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
Other than as set out in this Privacy Notice, we shall NOT sell or disclose your personal data to third parties without obtaining your prior consent unless this is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice or unless we are required to do so by law.
We may pass your details to a third party in order for them to assist us in the performance of our purposes as if they are us and without them acquiring any right to the data other than in assisting us.
You should only submit to us information which is accurate and not misleading. You should keep that information up-to-date and let us know as soon as possible of any changes to that information in writing, including email to
By submitting your or anyone else's data to us, you must ensure that you have full authority and consent to supply us with that data on their behalf and you warrant to us that you have that authority. Data provided in relation to registration for any event may be subject to a specific Privacy Notice associated with that event.
You are advised that you have the right to have your data amended to remove errors, to withdraw your consent for some or all processing which is based upon consent, and to have such records deleted. For these purposes you may contact our data controller by email to Data-Controller@encounterhouse.church, or by post to Encounter House Church Love Lane Ongar Essex CM59BL, telephone 01277 364276
Possible consequences of such changes to consent will be loss of benefits provided by processes from which you opted out.
You further have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner's Office, see ico.org.uk. Any correspondence may be recorded.
Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on the Website, church notice board and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
This Privacy Notice was most recently updated as version 1.2 on 19TH May-2018
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by [Encounter House Church] and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage
whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of [business name]. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Encounter House Church takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.